5/26/2016

Dictionary Words

5/17/16 Tuesday

As a writer, one of my favorite, and most consistent, subscriptions has been the Dictionary.com word of the day. You can simply go to the Word of the Day page and look for yourself every day or subscribe and then every day in your e-mail inbox, you’ll get an e-mail with a new word. If you’ve been a subscriber long enough you may occasionally see a repeat word. It usually takes more than a year to see any duplicates. But I guarantee there will be a plethora of words to learn, know, and love. You’ll get to learn words like panjandrum and botryoidal. With many of the words, your word processor may not even recognize them. I’ve had to add many dictionary words to MS Word 2013, as it doesn’t know as much as you’d think. Even if you’re not a writer, this may offer you some amusement as you regale your friends with your extensive vocabulary.


Do you have a really cool word you’ve come across and want to share? Please feel free to email me and let me know about it. Put “The Goth Writer” in any subject line of correspondence and
and email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment