7/18/2016

FanFiction


5/19/16 Thursday

I thought it was time for a lighter toned subject. I will invariably alternate between serious subject matter and more fun topics. As life is about balance. No one can be serious or silly all the time. I’m a big fan of many TV shows and books. And as such, I love to write about my favorite characters. While there is very little chance of being commissioned to write licensed media tie-in fiction, it is probably one of the most fun types of things to write. Fanfiction, for those of you who do not know, is when you write a short story or some other form of work based on the characters and universes created by someone else. These types of stories are also really easy to write, as the characters have already been developed, you already know how they behave, how they speak, you just have to come up with some clever adventure for them to go on.

And when it comes to Sci-Fi and supernatural-based fiction the sky is pretty much the limit. People do write anachronistic crossover fanfiction as well as alternate universe stories. If you don’t like what happened at the end of Lost, then change it. Or if your favorite show was cancelled and ended on a cliffhanger, write the ending yourself. I’ve actually decided that I’m going to do that for one of my favorite shows. I’m confident that I can write a conclusion to wrap things up that will be very satisfying, if not for a wider audience, at least for me and those that read it on FanFiction.net.



Tell me if there’s any show that you’d love to read or write about? Have you or anyone you know done this sort of writing? Let me know either in the comments or by e-mail: gothwriter111@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment